Muhittin Mungan (Professor of Physics)B.S. Physics, Bogazici University, 1989
M.S. Systems and Control Engineering, Bogazici University, 1991
Ph.D Physics, University of Chicago, 1998
Areas of Interest
- Statistical Physics
- Condensed Matter Theory
- Complex Systems
- Exactly solvable model systems exhibiting dynamic critical phenomena,
- Structural Properties of Crystal - Quasicrystal Interfaces,
- Commensurate - Incommensurate Transitions,
- Applications of Methods of Statistical Physics to problems in combinatorics and combinatorial optimization.
- Structure detection in random graphs using statistical inference methods.
- D.C. Kaspar and M. Mungan “Subthreshold behavior and avalanches in an exactly solvable Charge Density Wave system,” EPL 103 , 46002 (2013)
- M. Mungan and C. Yolcu “Frenkel-Kontorova models, pinned particle configurations, and Burgers shocks,” Phys. Rev. B 81 , 224116 (2010)
- M. Mungan and J.J. Ramasco “Stability of maximum likelihood-based clustering methods: exploring the backbone of classifications,” J. Stat. Mech. , P04028 (2010)
- S. Burkardt, S. Deloudi, M. Erbudak, A.R. Kortan, M. Mungan and W. Steurer “Bulk and surface structure of the clean and adsorbate-covered decagonal Al-Co-Ni quasicrystal,” J. Phys. C 20,314006 (2008)
- J.J. Ramasco and M. Mungan “Inversion Method for Content-Based Networks,” Phys. Rev. E 77, 036122 (2008)
- M. Mungan, Y. Weisskopf, and M. Erbudak, “Deposition of Adatoms on a Quasicrystalline Surface: Molecular Dynamics Study in 3 Dimensions,” Phys. Rev. B 76, 195443 (2007).
- B. Bilki, M. Erbudak, M. Mungan and Y. Weisskopf, “Structure Formation of a Layer of Adatoms on a Quasicrystalline Surface: Molecular Dynamics Study,” Phys. Rev. B 75, 045437 (2007).
- M. Mungan, “String Matching and 1d Lattice Gases,” Jour. Stat. Phys. 126, 207 (2007).