- Electric Fields (Ch.23)
- Gauss' Law (Ch.24)
- Electric Potential (Ch.25)
- Capacitance and Dielectrics (Ch.26)
- Current and Resistance (Ch.27)
- Direct Current Circuits (Ch.28)
- Magnetic Fields (Ch.29)
- Sources of the Magnetic Field (Ch.30)
- Faraday's Law (Ch.31)
- Inductance (Ch.32)
- Displacement Current and Consequences (Parts of Ch.34)
| Grading Rules:
There will be a Lab grade, two in-term exams, one final exam.
- 1. Is Lab Grade > 9 (out of 20) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 2.
- 2. Is MT1 Grade + MT2 Grade > 9 (out of 40) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 3.
- 3. Enter the final exam
- Instructors will award a letter grade AA-F based on your total score.
| Calendar for Spring 2018 semester:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays
- First exam: Wed, Mar 21; 17:00.
- Covers Chapters 23-26
- Second exam: Wed, May 2; 17:00.
- Covers Chapters 23-31
- Final exam : Wed, May 16; Slot 3.
- Covers everything.
| Make-up (Mazeret):
- You can take one make-up exam if you miss
one or two midterms and you have proper excuse.
- A proper medical excuse is a doctor's report taken from one of the following:
- Our Infirmary (revir) [except for very special
circumstances, reports from
elsewhere in İstanbul are not accepted!]
- A hospital outside İstanbul
- One-day medical excuses are not accepted.
- A medical excuse must be handed in to Dr. Semiz
within two days of its expiration,
unless the second day is a non-work day (then bring it
on the following workday).
- Nonmedical excuses will be considered separately.
- If you miss the final exam, you must petition
the university’s commission.
| Office Hours:
(You may try any instructor, not just the one of
- Kozçaz : by appointment
- Nergiz : by appointment
- Semiz: Mon 13:30-15:30
* MON, May 14: NH 103
* Tue, May 15: EF 104