- Electric Fields (Ch.23) : Sept. 19-21-26
- Gauss' Law (Ch.24): Sept. 28, Oct. 3(-5)
- Electric Potential (Ch.25) : Oct. (5-)10-12(-17)
- Capacitance and Dielectrics (Ch.26) : Oct. (17)-18-24(-26)
- Current and Resistance (Ch.27) TOGETHER:
- Direct Current Circuits (Ch.28) : Oct. (26-)31, Nov. 2
- Magnetic Fields (Ch.29) : Nov. 7-9(-14)
- Sources of the Magnetic Field (Ch.30) : Nov. (14-)16-21(-23)
- Faraday's Law (Ch.31) : Nov. (23-)28-30
- Inductance (Ch.32) : Dec. 5-7
- Displacement Current and Consequences (Parts of Ch.34) : Dec. 12-14
| Grading Rules:
There will be a Lab grade, two in-term exams, one final exam.
- 1. Is Lab Grade > 9 (out of 20) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 2.
- 2. Is MT1 Grade + MT2 Grade > 9 (out of 40) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 3.
- 3. Enter the final exam
- Instructors will award a letter grade AA-F based on your total score.
| Calendar for Fall 2017 semester:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays
- First exam: Thu, Nov 2; 17:00.
- Covers Chapters 23-26
- Second exam: Thu, Nov 30; 17:00.
- Covers Chapters 23-30
- Final exam : Wed, Dec 20; Slot 1.
- Covers everything.
| Make-up (Mazeret):
- You can take one make-up exam if you miss
one or two midterms and you have proper excuse.
- A proper medical excuse is a doctor's report taken from one of the following:
- Our Infirmary (revir) [except for very special
circumstances, reports from
elsewhere in İstanbul are not accepted!]
- A hospital outside İstanbul
- One-day medical excuses are not accepted.
- A medical excuse must be handed in to Dr. Semiz
within two days of its expiration,
unless the second day is a non-work day (then bring it
on the following workday).
- Nonmedical excuses will be considered separately.
- If you miss the final exam, you must petition
the university’s commission.
| Office Hours:
(You may try any instructor, not just the one of
- Semiz: Thu 5’, 6’ (13:30-15:20)
- Oğuz: Tue, Thu 9 (17:00-17:50)
- Mon, 17:00-18:50 and Tue, 17:00-18:50 by Ulaş Huyal; various locations (see below)
- Mon (Nov.20): NH 304
- Tue (Nov.21): NH 202
- Mon (Nov.27): KPARK 04
- Tue (Nov.28): EF 05.