- Electric Fields (Ch.23)
- Gauss' Law (Ch.24)
- Electric Potential (Ch.25)
- Capacitance and Dielectrics (Ch.26)
- Current and Resistance (Ch.27)
- Direct Current Circuits (Ch.28)
- Magnetic Fields (Ch.29)
- Sources of the Magnetic Field (Ch.30)
- Faraday's Law (Ch.31)
- Inductance (Ch.32)
- Displacement Current and Consequences (Parts of Ch.34)
| Grading Rules:
There will be a Lab grade, two in-term exams, one final exam.
- 1. Is Lab Grade > 9 (out of 20) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 2.
- 2. Is MT1 Grade + MT2 Grade > 9 (out of 40) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 3.
- 3. Enter the final exam
- Instructors will award a letter grade AA-F based on your total score.
| Calendar for Summer 2017 semester:
- First exam: Fri, July 7; 14:00.
- Covers Chapters 23-26
- Second exam: Fri, July 28; 14:00.
- Covers Chapters 23-31
- Final exam : Fri, Aug 4; Slot 3.
- Covers everything.
| Make-up (Mazeret):
- You can take one make-up exam if you miss
one or two midterms and you have proper excuse.
- A proper medical excuse is a doctor's report taken from one of the following:
- Our Infirmary (revir) [except for very special
circumstances, reports from
elsewhere in İstanbul are not accepted!]
- A hospital outside İstanbul
- One-day medical excuses are not accepted.
- A medical excuse must be handed in
to Dr. Semiz within two days of its expiration,
unless the second day is a non-work day (then bring it
on the following workday).
- Nonmedical excuses will be considered separately.
- No make-up for the final exam, SORRY!
Don’t get sick!
| Office Hours:
(You may try any instructor, not just the one of
We are gateful to Volkan for volunteering. Nearest PS will be on
- Fri, July 21 at 15:00-17:00.
Location: KB 316