- Electromagnetic (EM) Oscillations [Part of Ch.32]
- AC Circuits [Ch. 33]
- Maxwell's Laws & EM waves [Ch. 34]
- Light & Geometrical Optics [Ch. 35]
- Interference [Ch. 37]
- Diffraction and Polarization [Ch. 38]
- Introduction to Relativity [Ch. 39]
- Introduction to Quantum Physics [Ch. 40]
- More Quantum Physics [Ch. 41]
- Atom Models and Quantum Physics [Ch. 42]
| Grading Rules:
There will be a Lab grade, two in-term exams, one final exam.
- 1. Is Lab Grade > 9 (out of 20) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 2.
- 2. Is MT1 Grade + MT2 Grade > 9 (out of 40) ?
- If No --> F
- If YES, go to 3.
- 3. Enter the final exam
- Instructors will award a letter grade AA-F based on your total score.
| Calendar for Summer 2018 semester:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays [No class 27-28 June]
- First exam: Mon, July 16; 17:00.
- Covers Topics 1-5
- Second exam: Fri, Aug 3; 17:00.
- Covers Topics 1-9
- Final exam : Wed, Aug 8, slot 3.
- Covers everything.
| Make-up (Mazeret):
- You can take one make-up exam if you miss
one or two midterms and you have proper excuse.
- A proper medical excuse is a doctor's report taken from one of the following:
- Our Infirmary (revir) [except for very special
circumstances, reports from
elsewhere in İstanbul are not accepted!]
- A hospital outside İstanbul
- One-day medical excuses are not accepted.
- A medical excuse must be handed in to Dr. Semiz
within two days of its expiration,
unless the second day is a non-work day (then bring it
on the following workday).
- Nonmedical excuses will be considered separately.
- There is no time for make-ups of the final exams
in the academic calendar. If you miss the final exam due
to really exceptional circumstances, contact the instructor
as soon as possible
| Office Hours: